Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Superlative summer synth-pop - listen to Goldroom's Embrace

Here's a song that's been banging around for two years, but still sounds fresher than a squeezed lemon.

Embrace is a smooth, sugar-coated slice of laptop disco, that originally emerged in 2013 with vocals by Ariela Jacobs. Now it's been re-recorded with George Maple (pictured above) for an official EP release from LA producer Josh Legg's Goldroom project.

It's the "version of Embrace that I've always heard in my head," said Legg, adding the following words in the following order.

"George Maple and I actually wrote Embrace together, so having this come full circle, and to have her singing on the song, feels like a dream. The song Embrace is all about re-connection, and so having George back in my studio again, singing the song, felt like it was meant to be. I'm so stoked to be able to share this with you guys, and I hope you like it!"

If you're a fan of Jessie Ware who secretly wishes she'd put a donk on everything, this is one for you.




Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage