Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sometimes it Snows...

What a week. What an awful week.

As you know by now, Prince died at the age of 57, alone in a lift in his Paisley Park home and recording studio. I've written all I can on the BBC News website, a lot of it without the chance to reflect. But I think I expressed what he meant to me, musically and personally, as well as I could. Here are the links.

Meanwhile, over on YouTube, there's a copyright infringement free for all as Prince's fans eulogise him by uploading rare footage and unreleased songs. Here's one of the best. Who, in 2016, would allow a timbale sole in the middle of a televised awards performance?

Normal service on the blog will resume shortly. But it will never be the same.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage