Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Q: What's black and white and covered in sauce?

A: It's Madonna's new video.

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild


Considering Madonna's recent videography, that's a pretty good effort, isn't it? There's a bit of Voguing, a bit of Sex-era perviness, and a God-bothering spoken word intro: "Oh my God, I’m heartly sorry for having offended thee. And I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pain of hell. But most of all because I love thee, and I want so bad to be good." (although why Madonna thinks "heartly sorry" is an actual phrase in the English language is anyone's guess).

The men responsible are fashion photographers Mert Allas and Marcus Piggot, who also shot the artwork for Madonna's new album MDNA.

And yet... AND YET. This spoof video, which was uploaded to YouTube on Friday, will undoubtedly be the one that comes to mind every time I listen to this single (the visuals have been ripped from the video to Orphic Oxtra's Skeletons Having Sex On A Tin Roof, fact fans)

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage